Wednesday, September 23, 2009

papa date to the state fair

Last Friday, Wayne's dad and I took the girls to the Utah State Fair. We got there in the morning before the crowds arrived so we were first in line for every ride. We saw aaallll the animals and enjoyed some rides. The place was huge! There were so many things to see and experience. There were tons of booths everywhere with random goods, kinda like the swap meet, and I commented to Limhi, "If I didn't have kids I would totally spend like, a few hours just browsing" ha ha. The good ol' days of browsing ay? lol. Anyways, it was a fun day at the fair.


I wish there was something else in that pigs pen to have a point of reference, but take my word for it - that hog was HUGE!!! . . . we also enjoyed the cute little sweaters on the the sheep, the big cows and trying to touch the lucky rabbits foot.


Our favorite rides were the choo choo train and the ferris wheel. LEAST favorite ride? That would have to be the Dinosaur Dizzy Spinner- pretty self explanatory.

The girls were completely exhausted near the end so I thought they would fall asleep quickly. About ten minutes after we got in the car Kina was knocked out but Malia was still fidgety. I kept telling her to got to sleep, but she continued to whimper and squirm. Suddenly, she threw up EVERYWHERE. Poor little thing. We pulled over and she threw up some more on the side of the highway. There was vomit all over her carseat, all over the car and all over her. I got her and everything cleaned up, put some dry clothes on, gave her a drink of water and a little piece of candy and she was out in the next five minutes. Ahh! The adventures of motherhood. :)

1 comment:

Vika said...

Oh how cute! What an exciting event for you :)