Tuesday, February 14, 2012

viva las vegas

 Wayne and his rugby team have gone to Vegas for the USA 7's Invitational for two years in a row. After a bad experience last year, I swore I'd never go again.  I have to be honest - I don't love that my husband plays rugby (for many reasons but that is a whole 'nother post!) BUT he does, so I decided to support him and we went together. AND I have to be honest again - I had SO much fun on this trip.  It was just a weekend, but it was a blast.  

The night we arrived our friend, Jaymz Tuaileva called and said he had tickets for us for the show he dances in, The Donny and Marie Show.  These tickets are sold on-line for over a hundred bucks, so we were very excited. Wayne couldn't go with me because of a team meeting, so I called my dear friend, Mary Ah Mu and we went together.  It was SO fun! I love watching shows and this one just enough entertainingly tackiness to have a fun and silly time.  Afterwards, we took a picture with Jaymz and one of the dancers in the group.

Marie and Mary - a lot of people mix us up.


After the show, we watched the Bellagio fountains (Mary had no idea they actually went with music) and then ended the night with frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity's (it's something I've heard about for YEARS and seriously, it did not disappoint. It was SO delicious!). It was such a fun night.

And this was the reason we were there! The Humless 7's rugby team. Wayne actually put the team together and organized the sponsors.  It was a great group of guys.  The team came complete with a tent, a food table, a sound system and a DJ - it made the whole experience very enjoyable for us. It was easy and FUN to cheer our little hearts out the WHOLE time.  It was like a party all day everyday.


Wayne with the ball.  The athleticism and teamwork of our team amazed me.  They were all so good and worked so well together. It really was beautiful to watch.

We had Humless gear and posters to go along with our awesome Humless cheers. . . okay, maybe they weren't totally AWESOME, but at least they were loud!


Me and Wayne


Kika and the tall Asian (with an English accent!) rugby player that all the girls were admiring the whole day.  After I took this picture he walked back to his hooting and hollering team with his arms all up and flexed.  I think Kika made his day.



Our tent was so popular, even Erykah Badu stopped by to cheer. Oh - KAY! hahaha


Aaaand . . . (drumroll please). . . after two days of tough competition, Humless WON!  Horaay! 


the FAM



Yes - we were the Best. Cheerleaders. Ever.


It was a fun, short trip!  I had such a blast with all my sister-in-laws and friends I met up with there.  Seriously, the weather - PERFECT! the people - PERFECT! the trip - PEERFECT!!
Viva Las Vegas!

No comments: