Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Adios Elder Alisa!!

Michael entered the MTC today!!!

I was so sad to say goodbye. I will miss him, but there isn't anywhere else I'd rather him be than the MTC. Since Michael is the baby of the family I think we all feel a special parental type bond with him. He's always been more mature and cool than any of us at his age - I think maybe because he was always hanging around with people older than himself. When we were in highschool and he was in grade school, we would often go out to the movies and other social outings together with or without my friends. It didn't seem odd at all - he was there, so he came. Some of my favorite memories of Michael are just hanging out late and talking. I remember after we had all moved out and it was just him at home I asked him how it was. He said, "Mary, it's so lonely". lol. It's been so fun watching him grow up (I remember the day he was born like it was YESTERDAY - Kahuku Hospital. . .yes, I know what you're thinking. . . but he seems healthy, right? lol) and supporting him in his different activities. I think he'll always be our baby.

ANYWAYS, we all got to the MTC to see him go in. My dad had stayed since Christmas so he could be there too. It was nice to all be together. I hadn't been in there since I left like. . . well, maybe I won't say how long ago. lol. Besides our family Aunty Ireen, Aunty Leah, Tiare, and Zack Williams were there. Wayne came late after he finished his class. I was fine until that ONE part in the video where they say goodbye and of course, I started to cry. Michael didn't cry at all, though. I think he was just excited to see what was next. After our goodbye's we all watched him walk to the door where the missionaries leave and he didn't turn back. Good. I think he's going to be a great missionary!

We love you Elder Alisa! Buenos suertes!!

No comments: