Sunday, May 10, 2009

happy mother's day!

I am blessed to know a lot of amazing moms. Some have been mother's for many many years, and some have been mother's for only months. They are examples and inspiration to me. For Mother's day I wanted to pay tribute to two of the special mother's in my life - my mom and Wayne's mom.

me, my mom and her mom, my grandma Peggy


Wayne and his mom, Vai

I can't write everything I admire about these women, but I'll just say that these two moms are amazing examples to me. My mom brought us up on dried bananas, homemade bread and powdered milk - she was thrifty and knew how to stretch a dollar. Wayne's mom sewed her children's clothes and baked everything (she still makes the BOMB chocolate chip cookies). I know they both sacrificed a lot to be moms. They have been active and strong in their goals and testimonies. I love you both! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: