Thursday, November 05, 2009

thankful thursday - MY FAMILY!



Since Thanksgiving is in a few weeks, I thought I'd express thanks throughout the month on Thursdays. I should do it all year long and now is as good a time as any to start! This week I want to express my gratitude for my family!

My parents are some of the most generous, kind people I know. Everyone knows our house in Laie is ALWAYS open to a hungry student or visiting friend (probably cause my mom still shops at Costco even though only she and my dad are there now. ha ha). I respect my Dad so much for his talent and wisdom and my mom love my mom for being so caring . . . she's just very "momish". . . I love that. My brother Joseph is smart and helpful with English homework assignments. My sister Tali is super talented and always willing to help with a project I need assistance with. I swear if I had a dime for every blanket, dress or costume she has made for someone else I would be a rich woman. David is the handyman in our family (he takes after my dad). He builds, creates and fixes anything and everything - veeeeery handy. And Michael is our baby - he can pretty much do no wrong in our eyes ha ha. He is respectful, friendly and sweet . , , and sometimes forgetful (I got the gas mileage to prove it - I swear EVERY day when he was in high school I was taking a forgotten bag, shoe or assignment to school for him ha ha). Ah! I could fill up my whole blog with memories and funny stories, but I'll spare you and save it for them later. :)

I love my family dearly. I think I take them for granted sometimes and sometimes focus more on some differences we may have instead of our similarities. I don't want to do that anymore. I want to love them unconditionally because really, I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I'm grateful for the good they are able to see in me and for the examples they are to me. I'm grateful for the fun we have when we're together. I'm grateful for my family!!

No comments: