Friday, August 20, 2010

big sisters

It's been a busy week!! I'm recuperating at home and have been absolutely spoiled by the people around me. My mom, who's here from Hawaii, has been amazing. I haven't touched a piece of dirty laundry or a dirty dish all week. It was a few days after baby was born that I even changed a dirty diaper. She's on night duty every night and won't let me do anything but feed baby. Wayne's mom, Vai, has also been incredible. The girls have been living between our two houses and she is ALWAYS willing to take them, feed them or do anything to help out. Our siblings have also been fabulous. Wayne's sisters have taken the girls on outings just to get them out and they have loved it. Our cousins and friends have made our days bright with visits and sweet gifts for baby. Thank you! And, of course, Wayne has been great. He is extra helpful and has made many a groggy midnight run to Walgreens for different things we need for baby or me. Words can't express how grateful I am for this overwhelming outpouring of love, help and support. I feel so blessed and so humbled by the family's love and service to me and our little family. I hope I can someday repay you for your unselfish kindness and sacrifice. Thank you to all of you. I love you and am eternally grateful.

We are adjusting to having a baby in our family and in the house. Malia and Kina are awesome big sisters. They love the baby. Since I know this love may be short-lived once they see how much time I need to spend with her, I thought I'd blog about a few sweet moments I saw this week.


They LOVE to hold her and kiss her . . . almost too much. Sometimes I think they may smother her. As soon as they hear her cry they run to me and tell me to feed her "mommy's milk". One time I was in the middle of doing something and was trying to finish before going to pick her up and Malia actually started to cry and said, "Please mommy. HURRY. Baby wants mommy's MILK!!" Sheesh!

While we were eating dinner last night I put baby on the floor by the table so I could see her while we ate. Kina and Malia jumped down to the floor to be with her and both grabbed books to read to her. Malia was reading aloud and Kina was holding her hand and giving her kisses for the next ten minutes.


There was a huge thunderstorm yesterday in Provo (yeah, I thought it was summer too). There was lightning, thunder and a lot of rain. Baby was laying on the floor and after the first couple thunder claps Malia ran over to her with her pacifier and just held it there. Whenever there was thunder she would cover baby's ears and say something like, "Shhhh. It's okay. Don't be scared." She's looking out the window at the storm in this pic.


This pic was taken when we were still in the hospital. The LOVE started early!! :)


I love my little girls! I try to give them lots of hugs and love whenever I can, but I know it will never be exactly the same as when there were only the two of them. I'm so grateful they love their baby sister - I hope they always will!

7 comments:

Line said...

What a sweet post; both about how sweet Malia and Kina have been with their baby sister and how wonderful your family has been. What a blessing! :)

Kam said...

Awww, how sweet is this! I love the captured moments in the pictures, that's so so cute! Such loving big sisters, they are all really so beautiful :-)

daveandsavani said...

i love love love this post =) your girls are all so cute! and malia looks like such a big girl now!! she's gonna be a great older sister.
and thank goodness for moms huh?! =)

Lizette Pope said...

Oh my goodness how cute! They are such good sisters! They are learning how to be good mothers too haha. Love you Mary!

Le'o Hafoka said...

Mar! Thanks so much for sharing this post! I absolutely LOVED it! Can't believe how big Lia and Kina are getting! Love you all!

Crystal said...

awwwww......this is just adorable!! im glad ur getting all the help and love u need during this "RECOVERY" period. you totally deserve it. your three girls are the cutest!!!

hine.T said...

I'm not sure I said so, but Congratulations on baby Tali! She is a gorgeous combo of the 2 older girls. Love you gals & Wayne!