Thursday, February 17, 2011

happy valentines day

I always kinda giggle to myself when I hear about some womens Valentine's Day expectations.  Many want their husband/boyfriend to wine and dine them and shower them with lavish gifts throughout the day.  The equation is simple.  More gifts/surprises/money spent equals more LOVE.  haha Many want this so bad that if they don't receive the level of spoilage they believe they deserve they get very angry.  I've never been able to relate to this way of thinking.  The ONLY thing I hope for every Valentines Day is that Wayne doesn't spend money that we don't have on something that I don't need.  haha  I remember our very FIRST Valentine's holiday as a married couple.  Wayne bought a small diamond pendant necklace from a local jeweler.  I opened the box, said thank you and then asked for the receipt and we jumped in the car to return it.  I'm a simple girl - really - make me dinner and I'll love you forever. haha I think one day, when we are comfortable, I'll enjoy little surprise gifts of affection, but right now all I want are paid bills and a clean house.

That being said, I got Wayne a gift this year! Giving it to him was definitely the highlight of my Valentine's day - he was SO surprised. Two years ago, Wayne gave me his wedding ring to hold at a volleyball game and I lost it.  Ever since, he's been ring-less.  Since it wasn't in our budget to get the same 14 carat ring that we bought when we were engaged we just kept putting it off.  A couple months ago, I found a gold Tungsten ring that looked almost exactly like the one I lost at like, half the price.  I love it and so does he.  What do you think?


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

daveandsavani said...

Im just like you Mary haha!! Since we've been married, david's always bought me a bouquet of roses. and while im grateful for the gesture, i always think of the money being put to better use. so this year i told him (in a very nice and gentle way =) that i dont want flowers. so he didn't buy me any and we still had a fabulous valentines together =)).