Sunday, July 10, 2011

happy independence day


I love the Fourth of July! I love celebrating our country and the freedom we have - I really do.  After being in other countries, you can't help but marvel at the opportunity, organization and resources that America has.  As soon as I start taking it for granted again, I'm going back to El Salvador or Taiwan for a visit haha. I really feel so blessed to be an American!  I ALSO love this holiday because of all the festivities that have become part of it.  We celebrated the day with BBQ's, a parade, a carnival and fireworks - so fun!  Here's some pics of the parade. . .

Some of Wayne's sisters and cousins camped out the night before the parade (an absolute necessity in Provo if you want a space) so we had an awesome set-up.  It was perfect weather (slightly overcast), PLUS there was a table packed with food.  I'm not much of a parade person, but even I  had fun at this one. Thanks you guys!!

Elise, Unga, Rachel, Vai and Malia

Baby Tali and Aunty Sili

The next-to-be-wed couple Kina and Konner.  Our spot was right in front of Konner's house so he went back and forth getting us things - fans, food, etc. - to make our parade experience more comfortable. PLUS, the potty in his house was extremely convenient.  Thanks so much Konner!

When the BYU float went by a random guy gave Mata a players card from the stack he was handing out.  It turned out to be her husband, Travis. So cool, huh.

Tali, Kina, Jack, Mata, Melba, Nia, Sili, Tia, me and Lene

Happy Independence Day! God Bless America!!

2 comments:

gramma peggy said...

You're so right, Mary!

We are SO blessed to be American, AND to live in America!
Happy Birthday, America!

Crystal said...

i love 4th of july here!! it is sooo much fun!! i love the whole camping on university ave thing too. i even did it preggos!! hehehe!!