Sunday, October 09, 2011

randoms from september



In September, I got to see and catch up with my good friend from Timpview Highschool, Robyn Henstrom.  We met when my family lived in Provo and she was later a missionary companion to my Hawaii friend, Miki Akoi.  What a small world, huh?!  It was wonderful to see her and her cute daughters.


Malia is getting more and more comfortable writing her name.  She LOVES to do her homework - since her school only gives her one page of homework a week, I had to buy a workbook from Walmart to keep her busy. Her favorite things to do are color and write her name.  This little blank page sketchbook from my mom reminds me of the ones I had when I was a kid.  Since my dad's an artist he didn't really believe in the whole coloring book thing, I guess.  I gotta agree! It's so much more fun seeing what children will draw if they're given the freedom to do so.


Wayne received a little sales incentive so we took a all expense paid mini trip to Park City.  It was so relaxing and SO AWESOME!  The suite we stayed in was amazing - my favorite part was the huge jetted tub.  I got my relaxation on and had a WONDERFUL time.  Thanks Wayne! 



And in other news, Tali is officially weaned!  The image of Mel Gibson's Braveheart yelling "FRREEEDOM!" is totally stuck in my head.

3 comments:

mom said...

I LOVE this!

Vic and Ashley said...

Yay for overnight dates! And I couldn't help but laugh at Malias face in the first picture.. hahahaha.. those are priceless photos.

lilika'imoana said...

you look so great mama mary :) glad you and the hubbs got to have a lovely evening together! you guys are the bomb dot com!