Saturday, December 27, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

We had four Christmases this year!

We started with a nice relaxed morning at our house. I had been up late wrapping some gifts but I was still the first one up. I was so anxious! Finally Wayne and Malia woke up and we got to open presents. Malia got a doll with a stroller and basinet and Wayne got a Rockband. He was so surprised! - it is so not in my nature to buy something like that, but since we got a gift card from the bowl game and Wayne has been pining over it for a month. . . I thought I could stray a little from my norm. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of him opening it (aargh!) but it was definitely worth it. He looked like a little boy on Christmas morning!. . .well. . . okay, nevermind.



After our house, we went to Vai and Tevita's house, Wayne's mom and step dad. We brought gifts for the little girls and they LOVED them. They are at the perfect age where they really got what was going on - it was so much fun!!!


Nia, Sili, Ita, Kawika, Leo, little Vai, Wayne, me, Kika, Malia and Vai, Tevita

After we opened gifts, we played outside in the snow. Kina, Wayne and Tevita started to build an igloo in the front yard. It was HUGE. Kina took Malia around for her first time playing in the snow. We bundled her up so much she reminded me of the little boy on "A Christmas Story". She was very curious and a little cold, but had a blast.



Next, we stopped at Wayne's dads house. Everyone had gotten a gift for everyone so it was really nice. Waynes sisters are some of the funnest people to give gifts to. It is so rewarding. No matter what it is they will scream and jump up and down and carry on like you gave them a million dollars. lol. Needless to say, it was hilarious.

Wayne, Leo, Kika, Melba and Malia, Kalo and little Kina, Kina, Ita, Sili and Nia


Lastly, we went to my mom and dads house. Since Tali, David and Shan were in California visiting my grandparents it was just Michael, Joe, Gioey, Mom, Dad and us. Joe and Gioey gave us some yummy homemade cookies which Malia immediately started to enjoy. I didn't take a group shot unfortunately, but it was sweet to hang out with everyone.


My highlight this Christmas was seeing Malia enjoy her present, spending time with family and giving a little something for everybody. It's so fun to watch people open a gift you thought about. Ahhh. I love Christmas!!

***

The day after Christmas the festivities continued when Mele and Kaliti came from Sandy for a visit. We watched some movies, ate a lot of food and just enjoyed having them down here with us.

Malia was espeically taken by Junior. Look at her gaze up at him. lol. Man, if they weren't cousins. . . .lol.




What a wonderful Christmas!! err. . . I mean, What wonderful ChristmasES!!:)

No comments: