Saturday, April 04, 2009

DINOSAURS!!

For this weeks papa date we went to visit the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Since my mom is in town, she came with us! It was a first visit for all of us and though we went for Malia I gotta say, I was very interested and very impressed. The exhibits are HUGE and very educational. There are a lot of interactive activities used to teach children. Malia was a little young for many of these, but she enjoyed looking at the huge dinosaurs, riding on others and playing with the toys they had available. I will DEFINITELY take her back in a year or two when she'll be able to do EVERYTHING.

Mom and Malia getting ready to go


The exhibits were ENORMOUS!


Malia found this little guy and towed him around for a while.
I don't think she made the connection between what she was
holding in her hand and the gigantic thing she was looking at above her.


1 crawlable tunnel = 30 minutes of entertainment


Malia and her Papa

I left the museum thinking about dinosaurs. Wayne's dad kept on saying, "Can you imagine if you saw something this big in real life coming after you?" It made me laugh at first, but then it made me wonder about them and their lives and where they fit into the whole picture. There was a big map in the museum that showed where dinosaur fossils have been found. Many have been discovered in Utah, Wyoming and Colorado. Is that not amazing? To think that dinosaurs walked this very ground I drive around on. I don't know - for some reason it made me want to go green. lol. This earth has been home to such BIG creatures and now it is my home. It makes me feel very small . . . and it helps start to put in perspective my time here versus the time of this world and eternity beyond. Who would've thought? I go to a dinosaur museum for my daughter and I leave wanting to be a better person. lol. Go figure.:)

2 comments:

Line said...

I'm glad Malia started her papa dates because you guys do the funnest (is that a word?) things, and it gives me ideas for where to take Spencer. Hahaha

Leise said...

Lol! Yes, the museum is a wonderous place of lessons, little grasshopper.