Thursday, June 25, 2009

a banquet and golf tournament for AIS

Like many of you know, I work at American Indian Services. There, we raise money for Native American scholarships. I wouldn't say it's a cause I'm actually passionate about, but I enjoy my job and get to work with great people. Tuesday and Wednesday were our biggest fundraisers of the entire year - our Celebrity Banquet and Shootout Golf Tournament at Thanksgiving Point. It's always a LOT of planning and STRESS that goes into these events, but it's always worth it. This year, Allison Krauss and the Dan Tyminski band were our special musical guests. They were AWESOME! Our auction also went well and overall we were able to raise a lot of money for scholarships. Here is some pics from the night. . .

This is how I spent the majority of the banquet - behind a desk. ha ha. I was over the AUCTION sales - we did great.


This was my favorite item from the auction. It's a suped up golf cart. Cute, huh! (Thanks Doug and Dori for modeling it. )


President Uchtdorf. Love this man.


Ms. Allison Krauss. She didn't sing my favorite song of hers ("When you Say Nothing at All"), but still put on a great show.


Ireen, me and Tiare - It was a fun night, but I am SO glad it's all OVER!!! :)

***
The next day, bright and early, was our golf tournament. It's a lot more relaxing because there is no auction or program to complete. Wayne (a proud recipient of the AIS scholarship) came and volunteered. The weather was beautiful and the course was gorgeous AND we made a lot of money for scholarships. It was a very enjoyable day!


The only pic I took the whole day - Wayne, Ireen and Bonnie.

Ut-zah-ha-dez-bin!
(that's "Victory!" in Navajo) lol.

No comments: