Sunday, October 11, 2009

alo! from puerto rico!

My little bro Michael has been a missionary for almost a whole year!! He's doing great! His first few months were spent in Puerto Rico speaking Spanish, then he was transferred to Aruba and was speaking Papamiento, NOW he is in Curacao and learning Dutch. Oh my goodness!! ha ha. I had no idea there were so many places OR languages included in the Puerto Rican mission. It is so fun to hear about his experiences. He is such a good example to me. I'm so proud of him for being such a great missionary. Here's a little excerpt from his last letter and some pics he sent with their captions . . .
"I am so grateful for this gospel. I know that this church is true. It has been restored and set up for the strengthening of us, Gods children. It is simple, pure, and beautiful. God makes us stretch but does all he can to give us the support needed to not break. True happiness has one source, God. And he is the source of all truth and righteousness."

"two neighborhood kids that help me learn papiamento"


"The rat in our house that we killed! haha" (I swear, why do all Elders love pictures like this? lol)

LOVE YOU Elder Alisa!!
!Sigue Adelante!

No comments: