Sunday, October 03, 2010

i heart conference

October 2 and 3 was LDS General Conference.  This year we opted to stay home and listen to it on the radio (since we don't have TV) instead of driving to Salt Lake.  It was sooo relaxing - the kids played and colored while Wayne and I sat on the couch . . . we were all in our jammies, I think. lol I really enjoyed it!

I loved President Monson's talk about charity.  He talked about having charity, or the pure love of Christ.  Instead of talking about the giving and service kind of charity, he talked about the kind of charity that we show when we are tolerant, forgiving and patient with others.  His words make me want to be MORE sympathetic, compassionate and kind and LESS critical and judgmental.  I also loved Elder Uchtdor's talk from the Saturday morning session (found at this link).  He talked about simplifying our life to the important things.  Being busy isn't always the best thing to be.  It made me want to focus on the things that matter most - I know these things will strengthen my family and my testimony in Jesus Christ.  I truly felt the love and guidance from all our leaders.  I want to be a better mom, a better daughter, sister and woman - I love the feeling of motivation that conference gives!

Since I have no fun pictures from this conference to spruce up this post, here is one of my favorite memories from last conference in April (hehe) . . . . 


May 2010 Ensign


LOVE my family and LOVE conference weekend!

5 comments:

Line said...

pres uchtdorf's talk def stood out to me. love general conference, but i'd love it even more if i had my pic in it TWICE! hahaha

mary said...

Lol!!

Crystal said...

LOOOOOVE the pic!!! so cool. you should get it framed!!! lol.

Kam said...

ok, so, i saw this photo from last year and uh, i was reading some old ensigns the other day too and i saw YOU in it AGAIN with your sister in law and some other girls (can't remember who, probably your sisters, lol). i was like, "gosh, ensign celebrity already", haha! way cute photo, for real!!

Margaret Vance said...

Oh yes... I remember seeing that picture of your family. I think I have my copy stashed away somewhere and waiting for the next opportunity I have to see you so you can autograph it for me :).