Wednesday, August 10, 2011

the big 3 - 0

Yup, yesterday was the big day! Highlights from my THIRTIETH birthday:

  • Sleeping in till 11. That's right folks. ELEVEN! Seriously, I was so happy Wayne coulda just stopped right there and I would've been completely content with my birthday. Ah! It was great.
  • Lunch with Wayne at Olive Garden, my favorite restaurant.  Did you know you can have unlimited soup/salad/bread sticks for $6.75? Totally yummy and totally filling.
  • Girl time with my sister, Tali. This is actually really cute - while we were at Olive Garden Wayne gave me a birthday card.  In it was gift certificates for pedi's and movie tickets for Crazy Stupid Love (cute movie!) and he said Tali was gonna be over soon to accompany me on these activities.  Oh my goodness! We had so much fun.  After talking a little, we realized we haven't hung out like that (just us and no kids) since before I was married.  That's five years! It was long overdue and I'm so grateful to Wayne for setting it up for us.  He is so thoughtful and we had a blast. 
  • The birthday party at our house with ALL our family present.  That was the best.  I love my families so much. Plus, we all got to enjoy the bomb chocolate cake made by . . . yup, you guessed it - WAYNE! Haha. It was so good (he said the secret ingredient was mayonnaise - who woulda thought?).  Before cake and ice cream, Wayne had us all sit in a circle and made everyone say something nice about me.  Aww, I felt so special.  It was a beautiful evening.  Here's some pics. . .
The girls - Shan, Gioey, Kina, Leo, me, Keni, Kalo, Nia, Tali, Mata, Sili and Melba

The guys - Blair, Michael, David, Joseph, Limhi, Wayne and Noke

Tali really liked the ice cream and cake! Haha Thanks Kalo!

The Latu siblings

The Alisa siblings

Seriously, it was one of my most favorite birthday's I've ever had.  It was so fun to spend time with my family - with Wayne and the girls, with my sister, and with my Alisa and Latu families.  I felt so special and so spoiled.  Wayne gets a huge star for going above and beyond.

I really can't believe I'm thirty.  It just sounds so old to me. I don't know how to write this, but I don't feel as old as I thought "thirty" would feel.  Does that make sense?  It seems women are always depressed about getting older.  I'm not sure why - it's kinda a necessity, right? Anyways, I feel great and I'm very optimistic about this next phase and decade in my life.  So far, thirty feels GREAT!

3 comments:

Line said...

awww, happy 30th mary!! looks like it was an AWESOME birthday. good job wayne!

p.s. there were no spies at zumba this time ;) hahaha

Crystal said...

happy birthday mary!!! you deserved all that!! so happy 4 you!! :)

Tali said...

props to wayne...that was the most i've ever enjoyed your birthday. seriously though, thank you wayne for being a good husband and brother :)