Sunday, September 25, 2011

it was a good day to be a cougar

It was just a good day all around.  First, we got to have lunch at Tucano's with Gramma Peggy and my family and THEN, we got to watch BYU's awesome game against UCF (we won 24-17).  It was such a fun day - the fans were so happy and fired up.  I think after a game like last weeks, we needed something like this to raise our spirits. And that's exactly what it did!  


Michael didn't play too much in the first half because the team trainers were worried about a small concussion he had in the first play of the game, but after he passed his tests during half time he was back in during the second half.  He didn't get much playing time in his position as running back, but he did a wonderful job on special teams.  The highlight of the game for me was Michael's run into the endzone on a fumbled punt - even though they didn't count the touchdown (because of some rule about a "muffed punt"?), it got me and the rest of the stadium totally fired up and excited.  I was jumping up and down so much, I broke my slippers!  It was awesome.  

It's so fun having Mom and Gramma Peggy in town - both came to Utah to watch Michael play!












It was a wonderful day to be a cougar! Gooo BYU!


* Something I want to remember - During the game, after Michael had made a tackle, I heard a random stranger behind me talking to his neighbor about #42.  He was saying, "That number forty-two, Michael Alisa, he's seriously the nicest guy. Seriously. He's like, the nicest guy you'll ever meet." Haha! I didn't say anything, but just giggled in my seat. I agree with you buddy!

2 comments:

daveandsavani said...

so... i dont watch much BYU football (lame, i know) but i did watch this game and i was TOTALLY excited when Michael ran in for that touchdown! I was so proud and happy to know that I knew who he was! haha. good game, i'm so glad they won!

Line said...

i was proud of michael too! haha. that touchdown was awesome and in my book, it totally counted! he's doing so good! go michael!