Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"everybody, MOVE!"

We moved!! Yes, we will miss the ghetto, but we are excited to see new places, meet new people and go a few days without seeing the po-po parked down our street. Our new condo is BEautiful and we LOVE it! Though I was very excited to move into a bigger and better home, I was still DREADING the whole moving process. I detest packing. . . and being pregnant with a small baby did nothing to lighten my view of my task at hand. Luckily, we had the BOMB moving crew.
From bottom left: Kika (expert packer, babysitter and singer), Leo (pro cleaner of bathrooms/kitchens), Dad (obtainer of much needed truck and trailer/heavy lifter), Nia (packer/organizer and creator of interesting art on the otherwise boring boxes,), Kina (first-to-be-there-last-to-leave packer/organizer and pizza provider), Rocky (able to lift the couch with one hand . . . for reals, I'm not even kidding), Danny (was ready at 6 AM. . .the rest of us weren't ready till 9. Can work with little or NO SLEEP), Wayne (heavy lifter cause he's the BUFFEST), Tana (mover/heavy lifter, made the comment "man! wayne has more clothes than mary!) and of course, Malia (loved the move because she got to rip up newspaper).

All in all, the move took less than 48 hours thanks to our hard-working friends and family. Kina and I started packing the office and baby's room Friday afternoon and Saturday night I was snuggly tucked into my hard-to-set-up bed in my new home with all but the kitchen, 1 bathroom and 1 bedroom still unpacked. I was seriously awed. Thank you so much for working so hard!!
OLD HOUSE - packing


NEW HOUSE - unpacking
at last. . .UNWINDING!
Thanks everybody!! We couldn't have done it without you!

5 comments:

Line said...

I LOVE that first pic with the bookshelf! You're such a good picture positioner, Mary (is positioner even a word?). I remember when we all went to the black and white Homecoming dance together and you came up with all these cool poses for the pictures.

mary said...

Thanks Line, but I can't take any credit - it was all Rocky's idea.

A.Niu said...

Hey there Mz. Mary. It was so nice seeing you on your visit to Laie. Laie is still the same. You looked happy moving. Lots of fun. i dont have that much fun when I move.

Vika said...

Yes, you finally blog about the move... ha ha ha, I have been checking to see. Yes, I am with Line, I love the 1st picture. That's so cool. We are excited for our next FHE to be at your new place :).

ma'elePHOTO said...

How FUN!!! I miss these girls, oh and you too Wayne (lol)!!! Looks like alot of fun... I'm mean, the moving must've sucked but having great helpers around made it SO much easier and FUN! Love it!!!