Friday, July 04, 2008

HAWAII TRIP - l - a - i - e


Laie is such a special place - there are so many "only in laie" things that you take for granted when you live here, but miss a TON when you are away. I love the people - they all know you by name and know who your father is and that you made shi shi in your pants in kindergarden. I love the culture - the foodfests, parades, laie days tournaments, ah you games, grad parties etc. I love the weather - forecast sunny. . .with possible rain, but don't worry - it won't last long and it's warm enough to play or shower in. I love the community - there is a special feeling when the whole community revolves around the church and the gospel. I love . . . everything!! Some of the pics we've taken while here. . .

Ashlyn, Kika Sili, Mata, Trevor Alisa, me, Wayne, Tiare Stone

Tiare, me, Wayne Wayne, Michael, Uncle Lafi, Dunn Alisa
Hukilau Cafe - had the banana pancakes . . . yummy!


Trevor, John Milton, Sili, me, Kika, Tali, Xoey, Ben Harrison, a real life Tongan


PCC - saw the canoe show and the best two village shows - Tonga and Samoa - I still crack up every time!



BYU - I love that I can cover the whole campus in 1 minute - and you will see the same people in certain offices year after year after year.



Seasiders - watermelon sherbet baby. It's like a pineapple delight without the pineapple.

I LOVE LAIE!!!

2 comments:

Line said...

I love Laie too! You guys look like you're having so much fun!

daveandsavani said...

i love the pictures mary!!! you really know how to make a girl feel homesick!