Thursday, July 03, 2008

HAWAII TRIP - the WEDDING

. . . the reason we came - for the marriage of Marvin Toelupe and Natalie Arun.

A couple days before the wedding, the bridesmaids threw a bridal shower for Natalie at our house. The maid of honor, Elenoa, was in charge of the food and everyone brought something. Jan Lesuma and Tali did the decorations - it looked beautiful! The shower was so fun! My favorite part was the game where we made a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Sili was our model and Tali and I were the designers. The head wrap was designed by yours truly. I call it the "erykah badu veil". Don't you think it's the bomb? If you'd like us to design your dress. . . call us.

The wedding took place in the Laie Temple on the morning of June 28. The sealing was conducted by my Uncle Pupi and was beautiful. Afterwards, the wedding party and family took pics on the temple grounds. Aren't the bridesmaids prettyful? The guys were calling them a bunch of bananas. I think they were just jealous.



It was SOO hot, so Malia and I snuck away into the visitors center to enjoy the AC and soft chairs.

The reception was that afternoon at the BYUH Ballroom. Vika and Andrea Toelupe did the decorations and they were BEEEautiful - they used a lot of plumerias, my very favorite flower. They had the GRINDS and tons of it. We all ate till we passed out - Wayne especially enjoyed the crab I stole from the head table - thanks Alma! There was a nice program and the bomb emcee - you go Sia! It was perfect.
Wayne, Alma Toelupe, Trevor, Xoey, Dunn Alisa, Tema Hunkin, Kika, me, Sili



Congratulations to the happy couple!!

No comments: