Thursday, June 30, 2011

happy mother's day!

For Mother's day, Wayne and the girls made me breakfast in bed.  The were actually a little late in making it and I was already up and about, but I dutifully went back to bed and "slept" so they could wake me up and surprise me.  Malia and Kina got a huge kick out of the whole thing.  They loved the surprise part and but once I started eating they began making comments like "I'm so hungry Mommy" and "Those eggs look yummy Mommy" . . . so they ended up eating my breakfast. Haha I loved my Mother's Day!

I also got to call my mom and talk a bit.  She is one of the most amazing moms I'll ever know - I respect and love her so much for everything she does for me and my family and for all she continues to teach me.  She is my hero and I want to be just like her when I grow up. haha Love you Mom!



*Something I want to remember - A few days after Mother's Day, Malia came to me in the morning and told me she wanted her "mother's day".  So we told her to go lay down in my bed while we prepared a quick breakfast.  Even though it only took us a few minutes, she kept yelling down to us to see if we were ready yet.  When we finally came into the room, she was SOUND asleep and was very surprised to see us with a tray of food.  She then ate her food while mumbling sounds of approval and enjoyment throughout her meal.  Ah! My Malia.

No comments: